5.06.2008

Early Work

:: After getting all the basics under control, this was my first real recording that I did extensive work on. I can't remember the artist's name, but as soon as I find out, I'll update this entry to give him some credit. This was recorded in one session, about an hour of takes, with six different microphones...a real experiment for sure. After recording into ProTools and doing some basic edits, I started playing with the effects plugins. I didn't want to do anything excessive (I'm all about simplicity when it comes to recording), so the most effected sound you'll hear is the voice. I moved it around so that the direct sound came out of one side and the reverb out of the other...simple, but it was fun to play with. If you have a good ear, you can tell that there's no early reflections, so you have no real sense of room space. Anyway, have a listen ::

UPDATE: File is now only available at http://musicianator.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Hey man I'm real excited about you having this blog-type-dealy. It will be cool to see what you've got goin on at school. Your "Flight of the Heron" recording sounds really good man keep up the good work. If you want to hear some funny shit that I have recorded, look up "Japanese Kid" on the SPACE (it's in my "top friends of all time") and listen to Nay Ked. Its pretty ridiculous, but I think its pretty damn funny. Anywhozzles keep up the good work and I'll talk to ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you :o) I still love this recording; really pretty. This blog is really exciting. I love you :o)

    ReplyDelete